8 Jan 2013

Staff Challenge - Day 5-8

12-11-2006 © abjectphoto
I have been playing on and off with the staff and have started working on the contact lessons on the DVD. The only problem I have is space. I find it hard to really have a good try at any of the moves, because I fear smashing things in the house and it hasn't really stopped raining long enough to play outside in the garden. I need to find some cheap/free indoor space to learn in, where there is little chance of me breaking anything or hitting anyone else.

So far I have been practising hand rolls with some success, although I need to learn much more control over the speed of the rotations. Shoulder rolls are going ok when fed in with the other hand, but same hand feeds are still a bit hit and miss... more hitting than missing. Neck pinches hurt, so I think I must be doing them incorrectly. I think my fear of dropping and smashing things isn't helping with this one. Maybe with a lot of space I will find it easier and less painful.

So all in all, I'm still practising and slowly progressing, but most of all I'm sitting staring at the rain and pleading with it to stop raining for a week or two.

If any of you readers are joining in with the New Year Challenge, I'd love to hear how you are getting on.

The above photo is one I found on Tribe and I liked the flower pattern. It is copyright abjectphoto. The staff spinner is credited as Lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment